Treasure | Teen Ink

Treasure

By Hamzah1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Hamzah1998 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

My house has one floor and a basement. People come in and out. I did not grow up there, but I have lived there eight months. My house is my safe place, and the place where I have done various things. It is located in Hartland and next to my school, the tennis courts, football field and parks. This is the place I call my home.

My house has two garage doors and a window. There are cars and a truck. As I first entered the house, I saw the walls welcoming me and saying hi. Various religions and nationalities. European, Arabian and American. People not living permanently there, but our soils are locked into the halls. The place where I have my recent memories and the place where I hide my secrets.

My house has four bedrooms and one kitchen. Paintings and artwork. I wrestle with my brother until our dad tells us to stop. The porch is the place where I would like to call my sanctuary. I lay down in front of the fireplace and look at the rain hammering the ground.

My house, small and fun. Playing video games and watching Netflix. Pool, music, and friends. We amuse ourselves with board games and attempting to build mansions made out of the couch pillows and collapse them by a high gymnast jump. For all reasons and more, my house is and will always be my treasure in Waukesha County.