Treasure of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

Treasure of Waukesha County

By Xtin5678 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Xtin5678 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Red sign: DANGER. NO SWIMMING. This won’t put a damper on my day. I stroll down to the ice cream shop instead. Yellow sign: BE ADVISED. I dip my toes through the water while my ears are enlightened by music. Green sign: GOOD CONDITIONS. The best of all. I cool down my body by submerging myself in the refreshing waves. No matter what sign, Pewaukee Beach won’t let you down.

Pewaukee Beach is quaint and down to earth. It consists of an abundance of family friendly activities including shopping, eating, and swimming. There’s never a dull moment at the beach.

Pewaukee Beach has become a second home to my family. Summer nights, grilled brats, and sharing large blankets to shield us from the cold sand at dusk while we listen to the band are a few of my favorite memories. My parents can spend the night on the town together at Seester’s Mexican Cantina and are able to see my siblings and I stuffing our faces with ice cream from the Chocolate Factory next door.

As a child, I watched the older kids zoom past the crowd on water skis. Excitement in the stands emerged as the Pewaukee Water Ski team stacked bodies like dominos to perform unbelieveable stunts.

Pewaukee Beach will always hold a very special spot in my heart due to all of the countless memories. I used to dig my way through the mountains of sand searching for treasure, not realizing Pewaukee beach is the treasure itself.