Think Before You Do | Teen Ink

Think Before You Do

By pcy.tae.bae BRONZE, Sacromento, California
pcy.tae.bae BRONZE, Sacromento, California

"Don't give up even if you live for a day keep going , put your weakness away." - BTS

My whole family and I went out to the lake that day. We swam and had fun. During the middle of the day my sister asked my dad if she could sleep over at my cousin’s house. My dad then said, “If you could jump over the tent then you could go.” He smirked. “You aren’t going to make it.” I scoffed. My sister then whined and whined about how unfair he was being. So, she gave up. Just like that, not thinking of a strategy or anything. But she still nagged about going to my cousin’s house the whole day. By the end of the day, we started packing up putting everything away. My dad had folded the tent putting it in the bag and placed it on the ground calling out my sister’s name. As soon as she came over he had jumped over the folded tent and laughed, “You could’ve gone.” He snickered grabbing the folded tent from the ground. I giggled as I saw my sister’s mouth hung open in disbelief. She stomped her foot and yelled, “That’s not fair!” Though my sister wasn’t smart enough to think about how she could jump over the tent because it was already built. My dad didn’t say anything about how she could jump over it folded down and tied together, He made her think of how to jump over the tent built. My sister gave up easily not thinking of anything before she did it and pouted finding herself dumbfounded.

Tricks are fun and you could learn from them.