Hey babe | Teen Ink

Hey babe

By kjspink3 GOLD, Idyllwild,
kjspink3 GOLD, Idyllwild,

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see" - Mark Twain

Hey Babe,
    I know it isn't right to call you that anymore. I know you aren't mine to call babe anymore. I know your love for me faded and I know exactly when it began to fade. But my love for you is still burning. My love for you is so strong. My love for you might fade, one day but it will never go away. I will always love you and my love for you will always be monumental.
    You left me exactly eight hours ago on that bench with the sun shining and the squirrels running up the trees around us. This place is somewhere I have been going my entire life but I won't be able to go there and be happy for a while now. Immediately after I got home after you broke my heart, I ripped the sweatshirt you gave me from it's golden hook, I went to my closet and ripped your red and blue flannel off of my hook, and I grabbed the striped, vans pull-over you consider a sweater but it is as light as a shirt. Then I marched from my bedroom into my living room and placed them lightly on the chair by my front door so I wouldn't forget to stop by your house one last time and return them to you. In an hour or two I returned to my living room, grabbed the three items of clothing I had left before, and decided I wanted to keep these pieces of you. Every one of these were given to me when you were in love with me and they mean too much to give back. I quickly got back to my room and sat criss-cross applesauce on my comfortable bed with these three items in my lap. I unlocked my cracked, broken phone that still manages to make calls and I looked at my seven favorite pictures of you. I looked and I reminisced while crying. Then something happened that had never happened to me before. I found myself smiling and laughing while still crying out of sadness and pain. Somehow you managed to make me so happy while making me so sad. It was in this moment, with your three gifts in my lap and my phone in my hand that I realized: I don't have to let the fact that you doesn't love me anymore break my heart. You loved me immensely for about six months. You loved me for the real me the entire six months and they were the best six months of my life. Those six months make this pain completely worth it. I have never felt a pain like this one in my entire life but it doesn't matter. I would do it all over again, all of it. The arguing, the bickering, the lying. The caring, the loving, the holding, the cuddling, the kissing. And the heartbreak.

Goodbye Babe,
    I will love you infinitely. I hope you never forget me. I hope you miss me just a little. I hope you never hurt because of me. I hope you remember all of the good times we had together more than the bad. But even more, I hope you find someone who won't allow your love to fade. I hope you make the high school varsity basketball team next year in your new school and continue to do so every year until you graduate. I hope you find friends just as valuable as the ones you had here. I hope you are loved just as much where you end up as you were here. I hope you are happy. Goodbye Babe.

It gets easier to live without him. Just hold on