When My Life Changed | Teen Ink

When My Life Changed

I always thought I was normal as other kids, but lately I feel like I’m different from other. I started to eat less food during meals Today when I went to go eat lunch with my friends, all I got was a cup of water and a piece of pancake. When I got home I searched up what was going on. I realized I started to have an eating disorder, anorexia. I would start eating a little, but once people are not  around me, I would try to spit it back out. The more I force myself to eat, the more I feel uncomfortable. Throughout the week, I started to collect food in my room. I feel like doing this would help it be better. My room started to smell like food and it is starting to make me feel bad about my weight. It felt like the world was closing up on me. I went in my bathroom and started to cry and trashed my bathroom. I got so mad at myself, but I do not know why. I kept throwing my toiletries on the mirror and it broke. I could not handle it. The second late, I was laying on the floor not breathing. My parents then brought me to the hospital. I was so scared when I got to the hospital because it was full of chemical smell and the hospital was really busy. I thought I would stay here for my whole life. The doctor came in and explained why I fainted. The doctor told me that I would need to stay at the hospital for a long time. Not for a while I will be going back home.