The Last Words | Teen Ink

The Last Words

By StayyPerfectt09 BRONZE, Hartstown, Pennsylvania
StayyPerfectt09 BRONZE, Hartstown, Pennsylvania

"You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through."

All people have different lives. Some poeple are adopted, others only have 1 parent around, or they live with another part of their family. No at many people actually live or grew up with their real parents as you think. Either way, no one has a perfect family. Until you turn 18, you're a child. As a parent or guardian, their job is to protect you. and always support you no matter what. Although, not all people do their job right. A good thing to know is that in life, you don" always get what you want. Sadly, I know a lot of people who talk about how much they dislike their parents. Most of the time, it's because they didn't get them the pair of shoes they wanted or whatever. Other times, it's because the people they live with beat them, do drugs in front of them, and take their childhood away. No child should have to learn to take care of their parents before themselves. I'm not gonna lie, I have and i"m sure a lot of people have said rude things to their gurdians, buit I always apoligized to them after I relaized this:You can't choose where you ome from, but you can choose where you go from there. No body lives forever and you have to realize that one day, your loved ones will be gone. I promise you that if you don't apoligize some time before they're gone, you will regret it. Before my mother passed away, I said something really mean to her. I had no clue she was going to die, and I never got the chance to apoligize. Theres nothing more that I want than to to hug her and tell her I'm sorry, but I can't. Life is life and things happen that you sometimes can't change. Some people would do anything for you. You have no idea what the words you say could do to someone, and you especially don't know that what you said, could be the last words they ever hear from you.