Playing Video Games for 1st Time | Teen Ink

Playing Video Games for 1st Time

By becca Schlosser SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
becca Schlosser SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

It started at like maybe 5:00 in the afternoon/evening when my mom introduced me to the game pad.  At my house in pretty much every room.  For my fifth birthday, I received the Game Boy with the game Frogger.  At first I found myself very puzzled to use all of the buttons at once in certain patterns.  Eventually, I became so glad that I pretty much beat/won at ever game given to me. I beat the games like Frogger, Mario, Sonic, and many more.  I eventually moved on to the WII system.  Like usual I found it really difficult, compared to the Game Boy, which is more of a handheld with a keypad.  The WII is a handheld.  For example, playing Mario Kart is like driving in real life.  I had to move the controller side to side, up and down.  I could pretty much as well beat every game that had been handed to me at that point, until my brother Joey introduced me to the Xbox 360 console.

From there I found it very fascinating that the graphics are not so pixelated as in the Game Boy.  I felt very ecstatic which made me buy my own instead of using Joey’s all the time.  He told me all the time, “Stop going in my room to use my console.”   I found a great deal of different games, like hunting, war, racing, building, and more than I couldn’t have imagined.  I ended up being crazy about Minecraft as my first favorite, COD or Call of Duty II as my second favorite.  After I discovered the game Minecraft, I instantly fell in love.  The graphics, the animations, which the details of that game are the best.  I have still so many emotions that are wrapped up in that game.  I felt discouraged starting with nothing, having to work my way up.  I even felt very overjoyed which made me fall in love with having a game dog as a follower/protector.  I even gave them names like Shiloh, Sparky, Shadow, Lily, and more, which made me, feel happy inside.  I was feeling very crushed which made me cried, with tears rolling down my cheeks, when a skeleton shot Crimson like it is his job, which meant everything to me as my whole world did feel real, as if I was in the game.  He had been the sunny sunshine to my every day.  My dog had big fluffy white ears, soft gray fur, and loud barking. 

Eventually, I obtained many more dogs and gave them each a special place in my heart.  Then the game had reached a new update giving my world ocelots, which are kitties.  I was thrilled about giving her fish earning a tuxedo cat, named Mittens.  Again another update gave me horses, donkeys, and mules.  I like to ride a horse into battle before he disappears.  I moved on after completing the achievements to go to Terraria. 

The story line is different.  The controls are as hard as fighting Godzilla with a katana.  It’s not even possible for me to run, walk, build/destroy anything.  I had to start from scratch again.  Once again a new console had come out.  I had to get it.  The PS4 or also know as the Play Station 4, which I mastered Minecraft on that as well.  I eventually went back to my Xbox 360 while mastering Terraria, looking exited and using help from YouTube tutorials.  I then received for Christmas a WII U, which I’m mastering Mario Kart 8 right now, and Super Smash Bros.  My WII U is pretty much the only console I have played in maybe like three months.  I’m not feeling satisfied by not have played my Xbox in a long time.  I don’t really know why; I just found the graphics very calming even if it is just racing.  Pretty much my whole life was spent on learning every console made, from the game boy to the Atari to the Xbox 360 to the PS4.  Most of the people out there don’t realize that everyone can be a gamer; the best will continue the dream.  Maybe even I could being famous like Markipliar, Stampylongnose, Ibalisticsquid, AmyLee33 or even an average gamer.  I will never know.