An Open Letter to all the Bullies in my Past | Teen Ink

An Open Letter to all the Bullies in my Past

By Joyvk SILVER, Huntsville, Alabama
Joyvk SILVER, Huntsville, Alabama

"Fear is Worse than Failure."

To all those who have bullied me in the past:

Your words, your endless teasing, hurt the innermost part of me. I remember every single one of you, and all the horrid, traumatic things you said to me. But I am worth so much more than what you said about me.  I am beautiful. I am smart. There is a reason for me to be alive. You told me that I was crazy to think that I could possibly change the world. Make it a better place. But I will change it, even if just a little. You told me that no one liked me. That I was just a disgusting, horrible person, but I am LOVED. I am cared for. I have friends that deeply care about me and that I deeply care about. You told me that I was messed up and that I should just go die, and that no one would miss me if I did. But I am still here, and I am not  going anywhere. I forgive every single one of you-but this forgiveness is not for you, but for me. It is to set me free. I am no longer bound by what you said to me. My self-worth is not found in what you said to me. I am me and I am an amazing person who is going to make this world a better place.