An Open Letter to all the Bullies in my Past | Teen Ink

An Open Letter to all the Bullies in my Past

February 13, 2015
By Joyvk SILVER, Huntsville, Alabama
Joyvk SILVER, Huntsville, Alabama
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Fear is Worse than Failure."


To all those who have bullied me in the past:

Your words, your endless teasing, hurt the innermost part of me. I remember every single one of you, and all the horrid, traumatic things you said to me. But I am worth so much more than what you said about me.  I am beautiful. I am smart. There is a reason for me to be alive. You told me that I was crazy to think that I could possibly change the world. Make it a better place. But I will change it, even if just a little. You told me that no one liked me. That I was just a disgusting, horrible person, but I am LOVED. I am cared for. I have friends that deeply care about me and that I deeply care about. You told me that I was messed up and that I should just go die, and that no one would miss me if I did. But I am still here, and I am not  going anywhere. I forgive every single one of you-but this forgiveness is not for you, but for me. It is to set me free. I am no longer bound by what you said to me. My self-worth is not found in what you said to me. I am me and I am an amazing person who is going to make this world a better place.