My Life | Teen Ink

My Life

January 27, 2015
By Anonymous

When my dad died four years ago i finally realized how much he changed my life. When my dad was 45, he drastically changed my life when he taught me about jobs. He was my first teacher and taught me about many things. I still use his advice today, but unfortunately he never gave me advice on girls but just guessing i seem to be doing alright.


One thing he taught me about jobs was if you run your own job. The main thing is that I need to do what I like and what I know. I also need to have more than one income at most things. He also got the most jobs because he was the cheapest and also one of the best around. He had people come from all around so that he could weld their stuff like a trailer from Iowa and a semi from Northern Minnesota. One of the worst jobs he ever had was probably dealing with me because he had to teach me and as everyone knows I’m not the best at learning.


He was my first teacher who taught me so much one thing was how to use anything around you as a wrap for a cut. He also showed me how to weld a little. Actually one of my projects is still working in the shop and hasn't broke yet. He taught me a lot of what I know now but, it doesn’t help the fact that he could teach me more if he was still around. One of the many other things he taught me so much about was hunting.


He taught me about hunting deer and other animals when I was really little. He was hoping that I didn’t start bad habits unfortunately my mom taught me bad habits so I lost in the long run. He taught me to shoot deer in the heart and a turkey in the head. He also taught me that when you're hunting I can’t move or the animal will see me.
These are some of the things my dad taught me in the years before he died.He taught me jobs like how to weld and to love what you do. He was my first teacher as in he taught me how to talk and walk. He also taught me hunting as in how to sit still. This is how my dad drastically changed my life.