Treasure of Waukesha | Teen Ink

Treasure of Waukesha

January 16, 2015
By ArtistKNP GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
ArtistKNP GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
18 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What makes Waukesha County special to me?  Is it because it’s close to my heart and  that is what I call home, more specially in Sussex inside the tree filled subdivision of Thousand Oaks where lives the little brown house of what I call home.  Yes, there are places in the county where I had compelling memories that happened and remembered with every small detail.
However, when I look at a map and look at Wisconsin and glance at Waukesha County all I see and think of is home.  Where my loved ones are and live and wait for me until I return home, while I’m gone.  The relief I get when I return home from my friends house or from a different region it’s honestly indescribable.  My breathing comes effortless and smoothly, doesn't feel like the world’s weight is not pushing on my chest any longer when I return home. I’m not gasping for air, just inhaling, painless air.
The relief and happiness that comes over me, is truly amazing. But, the best part is when I take my first step back into my house, the smell of laundry detergent and dogs hit my nose once again, then finally I get a glimpse of what I been waiting to see, my family. That is when when my heart skips a beat. Sometimes the tears come easy or they don’t, yet  my blue-gray eyes give a hint of comfort.  Relieving that I’m at peace knowing that I’m safe, warm, and loved, I whisper to myself ,”I’m home.”