Express Auto Spa | Teen Ink

Express Auto Spa

By Amanda Schaefer GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Amanda Schaefer GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Every Saturday, my dad’s voice echoes through the house.
“I’m going to the car wash. Who wants to come with?”
Now to most people this sounds like one of the most boring things to do with your dad. But to the Schaefer kids, this is one of the best activities we could do with Dad.
All five of my brothers and I race downstairs like a stampede of elephants, load up into the car and go to Express Auto Spa in Waukesha on N.W. Barstow St. This has been our Saturday routine since it was just me and my older brother. 
As a child, we would squeeze in the front seat and watch the machines or as we would call them “ the dancing ladies” clean our car.  Now we can enjoy the “dancing ladies” with my younger four siblings. Whether we were fighting or getting along we would still always go to the car wash because we wanted to spend time with our dad, our favorite part though was when the soap, like a giant melted box of Crayons, would come on the car. We would all try to count the colors even though it was nearly impossible.
Afterwards, when the workers were drying the car off, we would all make faces at them to see if we could get them to laugh.
Express Auto Spa in Waukesha not only brought the Schaefer family together but allowed six kids to spend every Saturday afternoon with their father.