Noises | Teen Ink

Noises

By Reksihw BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reksihw BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois

"Bonk, bang, bonk" seemed to be coming from the other room right outside the bulky white door. It's quite frightening to wake up to early in the morning. The noises stop and the door slides open slowly as if a tiny bug was trying to move something five times its own size. In comes Julia walking very slowly out of the darkness whispering "wake up, wake up, let's go, come on." Without even thinking she quickly turns to screaming in less than half of a second "wake up!, wake up!, let's go!, come on" as if there is a fire? in the house. I realized then that it was definitely Julia coming down those stairs to the basement with her little four-year-old feet bonking and banging down the cold, hard tiled steps. Still frightened and not entirely aware of what is going on. She throws the blankets off the bed onto the cream colored carpet, spotted with little stains from drinks over the years while still screaming to wake up.

After what seems forever the screaming stops and she helps elevate her brother's broken femur which is all wrapped up in a full leg brace from the tip of the toenails to around the waist. Slowly sitting up to get to a standing position, Julia carefully guides him to his wheelchair. Now up and aware he asks "what was all the screaming abou?t?" Julia replies? "I just wanted to make sure that I was the one who was going to help you today." ?Julia looks at him with her little brown eyes and has a kind of sad tone in her facial expression as if she thinks she is getting in trouble. She then said "All I wanted to do was help you with everything I can since you have a broken leg you know". He looks at her feeling so grateful and gives her a hug.

As they leave the bedroom they head upstairs with only the obnoxious noises of her feet to be heard. As they are walking she says "Hey can you make me breakfast and hot cocoa?"

"Yes I can". Jokingly he says "I thought you wanted to help me for the day?"

Being young, funny, and sarcastic she quietly replies "Who do you think I am? after all I'm only 4-years-old." It seemed that after all the "bonk, bang, bonk" f?rom that morning actually turned out to be such an interesting yet thoughtful way for someone to start the beginning of a long adventure with his injury.?

on Jan. 27 2015 at 7:23 pm
JackFromAK SILVER, Anchorage, Alaska
I like this a lot! My brother broke his femur once and I had to help do pretty much everything