The Water Slide | Teen Ink

The Water Slide

December 9, 2014
By Anonymous

The day I went to Kentucky with my friend was a huge mistake. We went to lots of rides that I never planned on going. But the worst one of all the things we did was going to the water slide. The screams and laughter filled my ears as I looked down at the people who were on their way down. My heart was beating so fast I thought everyone could hear it, forget butterflies in my stomach, I had a wild zoo, and sweat was forming on my forehead. When the lifeguard told us we could go my stomach dropped, and my whole world all of a sudden went super-fast.
        

It was one sunny Saturday the day my parents’ friends and my parents decided to go to a beach pool/ amusement park in Kentucky. I was so excited because I haven’t seen her for a really long time, and because I never been to Kentucky before. When we got there it wasn’t that full, mostly every ride was empty, and the first ride my friend and I went to was this ride where we had to sit down on this weird looking thing, and we had to hold on to a bar that was on both sides of the thing, but before we got on it I had put on sunscreen, and that made my hands slip every time I grabbed the bar. The ride was like a small roller coaster, but with water, when we were going up, I was slipping backwards, and that made me feel really scared, when we first went down it wasn’t that big, but the next one was big, and when we went down my hands slip, and I hit my head with the seat, water got on my mouth, and my eyes, I felt like I was going to throw up.
          

We went to lots of other rides, the haunted house, bumper cars, and lots more. On the bumper cars I didn’t know how to use it because it was different than the ones we use here, so I was stuck in the middle of the bumper cars by myself asking for help, and people tried to help me but I couldn’t hear what they were saying, and when I finally found out how to use it, I couldn’t reach the pedal, I only had like 5 minutes to use the car, and I was upset, but my friend, brother, and my friend’s brother took me back, and I rode with my friend this time. I got a purple bruise above my knees, but it was worth it. I had fun with my friends. My dad went on the roller coaster with his friends but my mom stayed because she was scared. When the roller coaster passed us we could see my dad’s scared face, and we sometimes heard him screaming, and when he got out they gave him a picture of his scared face, we all started laughing because his face was priceless, and so was his friends face.
      

My friend Andrea, her brother Junior, my brother, and I went to this ride were it took us all over the place, showing us old things, one thing was a police car that was from a long time ago it was so cool, my brother was driving which was hilarious, and Andrea, and I were pretending we were going to a wedding, to her wedding, and we started talking, or trying to talk British which was really funny. We had so much fun, and then it was time to take out our bikinis and head to the wave pool, the playground that was filled with water, and the lazy river. We went on every one of them, and my “smart” friend decided to go to the water slide, which was a really bad idea.
      

When we were going up the long stair way, I felt uneasy and I tried to convince my friend that we should go back. She of course said no, we continued going up the stairs and when we got to the top, I could see almost everything from where we were standing. The cool air touched my skin which made me shutter, the sun was hiding behind a cloud, and more grey clouds were getting closer to where we were. There was a really cute lifeguard, who was about 16 years old, and who kind of looked like Justin Bieber, and when he caught my friend and I staring at him, he looked at us and smiled. My friend and I started to whisper about who he smiled at, and I guess we started to talk loudly because next thing I know almost everybody was starting at me, and Andrea, my friend, it was so embarrassing. Then the person who was in front of me who was like 7 years old went down by herself without looking scared and we could barely hear her laughter as she went down. The water slide that was on the other side another girl went and we could hear the screams and giggles.
   

  Finally it was our turn, my heart was beating so fast, my palms started to sweat, my stomach filled up with butterflies and the lifeguard told us to sit down on the slide and wait for his signal. I started to get so nervous, I told my friend that if I didn’t survive that I was going to haunt her down, she just laughed and told me to calm down. The lifeguard gave us the signal, and that’s when I my world turned upside down. My friend shouted, “Here we go!” and I was just like “wait, what? “and next thing I know we were on our way down, me screaming like a mad women, my friend laughing at me, and I thought I was going to fly off the slide, and when we were getting closer to the end I hold my breath. I felt the cool water hit me and my leg went one way and my other the other way. It was an experience I would like to do again, it was fun. I learned that if I don’t take a chance to do something I’m afraid of, then I won’t have fun in life.


The author's comments:

what inspired me to write this story was to infrom people that even the most scriest ride you know will be fun when you ride it with your friend