My Mommy Journey | Teen Ink

My Mommy Journey

By Ejsmommy BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
Ejsmommy BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

At the time of writing this i am currently 19 weeks pregnant and 18 years old. Now i know some are going to start judging me right away but first, let me share my story.

I found out i was pregnant September 6th, 2014. My mind was going in a million different directions. My first thought was to tell the father, my boyfriend at the time. Things didnt go as planned when i told him. He was screaming and telling me he couldnt handle the stress of a baby. When i told him i was keeping the baby, he dumped me and blocked all contact with me. Still to this day i have not spoken to him.

Well, my next thought was to tell my mother. I was told to get rid of it or move out. I took the giant risk of moving in with my dad and stepmom, which is where i still am. I had to quit my job and move 2 hours away from everyone.

Doctors wont take me because my mom kicked me off her insurance and by the time i got in i was 16 weeks pregnant. Now i still have no job and its not medically safe for me to do so but i know i have my families support. I find out on Tuesday the gender of my baby and im more than excited.

I am more in love with this baby than i have ever been in love with anyone. I cant wait for april to come so i can meet my little miracle. Nobody but another mom could ever understand the feeling of having another human being growing inside of you.

I will forever love my baby.