Music Makes Me an American | Teen Ink

Music Makes Me an American

November 7, 2014
By North.Coasts.Finest GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
North.Coasts.Finest GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Why do we fall? So we can pick ourselves back up.


 Music is what keeps me going, and makes me appreciate my life. Music gives spice to life. I couldn't imagine my life without it, especially alternative. I like this kind of music because it has a classic American rock feeling to it, but at the same time it can be up beat, happy, sad, calm, loud, quiet, energizing, soothing, clever, addictive, and expressive. This makes me proud because I can enjoy so many different tastes of music, not just one kind of tone, it adds diversity to who I am and what I listen to. The artists, such as Fall Out Boy, Alt-J, and Grouplove, in this genre express their culture. For example, Fall Out Boy expresses their culture by using a more rock n roll tone, while Alt-J has a somber, slower and more chill feel to it, and then Grouplove has a more energetic and louder tone of music. This shows how diverse theses artists are, because without the freedom, all these feelings and sounds of creativity wouldn’t be possible.


The first time that I actually got into music, was when my parents would play some of the older bands, like The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Bob Marley, and The Beach Boys. They had all of these artist’s CD’s, and would always play them when we had company over. At first, I would always get annoyed when they played this music, but today, I have all of the CD’s and I listen to them non stop. If I didn’t have music to listen to everyday, I would not be anywhere near the person I am today. It makes me different, I stand out, It makes me an American.