DAC Championship | Teen Ink

DAC Championship

October 30, 2014
By K3NNey BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
K3NNey BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Today is the day we play for two things DAC Championship and home field playoff game. If we lose we don’t get to play in the DAC Championship and we don’t get the home field advantage. Naraguagus is the team we have to beat our whole life is on this game. This is the biggest battle we are going to have all year. They play the same way we play but the thing is we lost our best defensive player Jacob alley. We were practicing and Kasden fell on Jacobs’s collarbone and snapped it in two places. So I have to play his position and make sure Austin Tenney doesn’t score it’s my job to shut him down. So when we had the game we played a long 80 minutes. Austin had so many chances to score but I always got in his way keeping him from scoring and I finally told him as long as I’m back here you’re not going to score so stop trying with a smile on my face. In the first half no one scored it was such a hard game and they were tired and we weren’t tired at all I wasn’t at least I couldn’t stop running around during the break. When our break was over they had to ball in the air but Kasden hit the ball with his head but skipped it and scored on our own goal. Then when I was half back not playing defense anymore. When I didn’t play defense they scored again and it was a 2-0 the rest of the game I had one attempt to score one goal but blew it. So we walked with our heads high off the field with a smile on our face because we played our hearts out we had a few mistakes but that happens. We got on the bus and talked the whole way home but we didn’t stop to eat just went all the way home. When I got home we all went out and hung out. I a senior captain couldn’t be more proud of the team I played with and have the honor to be a captain of the team I had. They were always there they were my brothers and sisters. I will never forget how amazing you guys were so thank you.