Cordage | Teen Ink

Cordage

October 23, 2014
By Kyle Oberfranc BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
Kyle Oberfranc BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I walk into in my room and see a familiar sight at the edge of my bed. My pillow sits there incognito with its beige color and feathers poking out of the thin lining. It has only one purpose, to keep my head at optimal comfort so I can enter a long slumber,wrapping my weary head with a softness of clouds. I appreciate all the benefits it provides me with. It allows me to enter a part of my mind that I can only enter through sleep,a dreamland where anything goes and my subconscious is set free. I set off to a land of adventures that entertains me throughout the night. Dreams set forth in my mind and make me question the realms of reality. When I wake up, sitting upright in my bed wondering how did I just create a world where I flew over the Empire State Building and drank coffee with Spider-Man.Then when another day a feeling of disappointment ensues when in my dream I find one hundred dollars on the ground and once awake I check my wallet to realize I'm actually still broke.Without my pillow it would be difficult to enter the blissful and entertaining state of sleep. Pillows that feel like the rugged edges of mountains simply cannot allow me to fall asleep.My pillow has a texture that I have become increasingly familiar with over the years.I am familiar with all of the soft spots located around the corners to the surprisingly firm center. A simple bag of feathers is my door to another unknown yet riveting world.