Why Did I Give Up | Teen Ink

Why Did I Give Up

By UnicornBoy77 SILVER, Morrison, Colorado
UnicornBoy77 SILVER, Morrison, Colorado

Be Strong because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever.

My name is Kevin; I’m very different than most people. I’m that kid who no one really understands. I’m the outcast. My life so far has been a serious of failures. I have bad grades in most of. I’m a very good reader and a decent writer.in this story I will tell you why I don’t read that much anymore and why I don’t try too hard.
This all started in second grade when I was put in the fifth grade reading class. I loved reading it was my favorite thing to do in my free time. When I was at recess all the kids would pick on me because I would sit by the wall and just real. But this is not why I started to despise reading. Now, let’s move on to what actually happened to make me want to give up.
When we were in class we were reading the book “The Tale of Despereaux”.After we read the first chapter in class, the teacher said to read the next chapter for homework. That night I was up till 4:30 reading that chapter. But I was so interested in the book that I read on and on till I finished the book. The next morning I was so tired in class for staying up so long the night before finishing the book. When the teacher asked me to summarize the chapter we were supposed to read I summarized the whole book. Later that day, the teacher scolded me for reading ahead.
So I got to thinking if I get in trouble for reading and picked on for reading why read? Since then I have not been a big fan of reading. But know that I realize how silly I was to give up my passion because some kids picked on me and a teacher yelled at me, I’m going to start reading again.

Never give up on something you truely love

UnicornBoy77 SILVER, Morrison, Colorado

Thanks its theses nice things that people like me want to change for the better

UnicornBoy77 SILVER, Morrison, Colorado

Thanks for all the kind words

Mr.Mystery said...
Mr.Mystery, Morrison, Colorado

It is amazing how you still care for someone even when you know they do not care about you at all
/
My heart is that crack on the sidewalk you walk on every single day </3
/
it only hurts when you start to pretend it doesn't

This story was really inspireing

Underdog73 GOLD, Denver, Colorado

I don't trust actions, I trust words

Nice work....Kevin :) I'm glad ur going to start reading again