Trust | Teen Ink

Trust

By X-WhiteRose-X GOLD, Brashear, Missouri
X-WhiteRose-X GOLD, Brashear, Missouri

"Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid."

-Albert Einstein

You have to be careful who you give your trust to. Sometimes the same person who helped you learn to fly can also be the one to cut your wings. Things happen, people change, words are said, and bridges are burned. Being as trusting as I am I learned this the hard way. They built me up but they also tore me down, and my world along with it.

I was hurt. All I could think was 'I trusted you. I trusted you and you hurt me.' I couldn't look at them, I couldn't talk to them, I could barely be in the same room. I was letting it destroy me. They went on with their life and mine had come to a complete stop. I couldn't keep going the way I was. But I realized something. Like I said earlier, I was letting it destroy me. I was. Not them. I had control of my own life. They couldn't affect me unless I let them do it. I had to push away the poisonous relationships in my life if I could ever be truly happy. When I did this, I found my true friends. They care for me. They stand up for me. And more importantly they stand with me.

Whatever you may be going through right now with someone. Whether they hurt you, lied to you, betrayed you, or anything else. Know this. You control your own life. Not them. I'm not saying whatever they did didn't hurt but you can look past the rain and see the sun. Take out the ones that are poisoning your life and put in ones who are improving your life. When you do this, it will get better.

Sometimes the same person who helped you learn to fly are also the ones to cut your wings. But I've found out that with a little bit of time those wings can heal, and you'll find that they may be stronger than ever.

People may hurt you but you control your own life, you can prove to them that you are strong enough to move on and keep your head up.