I Was Wrong | Teen Ink

I Was Wrong

October 2, 2014
By Cassie_Monroe BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Cassie_Monroe BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 37 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am trying to find myself. Sometimes that's not easy."
-Marilyn Monroe

"Fear is stupid; So are regrets"
-Marilyn Monroe

"It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone - so far."
-Marilyn Monroe


                                  August 8th, 2014

  I went to the skate park with my best friend Jasmine. We don’t know how to skate, but we go to hang out with our friends and watch them skate. Jasmine and I walked over to one of the ramps and sat on the top to lie down because we were tired. Then my old friend Ian came over to us and I got so excited because I haven’t seen him in so long! He was with his friend Justin, I never met him before. So I introduced myself to him and he introduced himself to me. Right at that moment our eyes clicked! I pulled Ian to the side and asked him if his friend had a girlfriend, he said no. I started to blush. He asked me if I liked his friend, I said I think I do. 
  After a couple hours went by and I hung out with my friends and new crush, it started to get hot. Justin took his shirt off, my face turned as red as an apple. I went to where Jasmine was, on top of the ramp in the shade. I lied down just to rest. Out of nowhere Justin and Ian came up the ramp and sat down. We all just sat there chilling. Justin pulls me over to him with his arms around my waist and I’m leaning on his chest. I felt like falling asleep in his arms and cuddling all day. Jasmine then started taking pictures of me and him. She got us off-guard because we didn't know she was taking pictures but they turned out really good. I don’t know how it started but we started playing truth or dare. It was Ian’s turn, so of course he would go to me “Truth or Dare Cassie?” – “Dare” I said. “I dare you to kiss Justin!” I was nervous at first but then I said “Okay!” So I turned around, placed my hand on his cheek then kissed him. When our lips touched I felt sparks, fireworks, doves flying, all of the fairy tale stuff. Right there I knew we were meant to be together. Then my wish came true, he asked if I would like to be his girlfriend. I said yes, I would love to be your girlfriend. We dated for 3 months.  Then I got a call from his brother. He told me that Justin had cheated on me. Justin denied it. I was broken. I didn't know what to do. So I broke it off. I've been broken so many times I can’t seem to find the pieces to pick them back up.  My story ends here. I can’t trust anyone.


The author's comments:

This was written while I was in a relationship. But I had to revise it because of his Actions. Just needed to tell the story so I could release my feelings.