Joe Long | Teen Ink

Joe Long

By Jobbiewobbie BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
Jobbiewobbie BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana

'How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?'

Joe Long was your average joe. (Eh get it, Joe!) He was a happy guy, with looking forward to life, he looked Italian, bigish nose, very greasy skin, blue eyes, and is very clever. He was actually a short guy. By the time he was 20, he stood 5 ft 7 in. He was pretty much a shortie,  but he wasn’t weak. In Fact many feared Joe in High School, though he was a nice guy at the same time,but lets not talk about his teen years yet.      
When he was 6 years old, he was really sick, but his mom (my grandma, Frankie Bope) didn’t take him to the doctor. Well, more than 8 years later, he was about to die of illness, so his mom took him to the doctor. Turns out, he has Kidney Disease, in which means that either both, or one kidney doesn’t function as it should. His mom ignored the doctor, thus making my dad not being cured. He was mad by this. His parents divorced, and then his mom got married again soon. Today he has many siblings. My Uncle Dave, Aunt Charlie, Aunt Whitney, etc. Yet over half the kids came from three guys. So his mom was married, and divorced 3 times.
Later on in his life (2000’s) his wife (Beth Ann Enochs, known as Beth Ann Long) gave birth to his first child (ME! Job Long) He always told that his son was a horrible baby, cause he was always sick. Joe even said that his son just about almost died, because’ of the baby not breathing. Then, 2 ? years later, he had another baby. (My sister, Zatha Long) Joe was happy that this baby wasn’t as sick as the first born. His life then was complete, because’  he only “wanted 2 babies”. Later on in his life, he wanted us to move to Bremen, Lake of the Woods.
Since then, Joe was a bit happy, but a bit sad. He wanted a house, but he moved into a trailer. (Not the mobile small ones, the somewhat big, non mobile ones) Joe Long was yet though happy, as long as his family was happy. He loved us very much. Then on June 6th, 2014 at 4:50 P.M. Joe Long passed away. Not of old age, but something like a heart issue. Joe Long is now resting in peace

This inspired me, because I want people to know, and feel what Joe Long (My fatha) had to go through in his life till' the end.