Katie's 13th | Teen Ink

Katie's 13th

By Katie Yelaska BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
Katie Yelaska BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana

Happy Birthday!!! Katie’s group of friends shouted as she blew out her candles.
Katie and her friends had just gone out for the best birthday ever! They had gone to a Notre Dame volleyball game and then to the Pep Rally. This birthday was a very fun way for Katie to celebrate her 13th.
When the girls got back to Katie’s, they saw bright colorful balloons spread across the room. Different types of delicious food lined the tables and the girls dove in. Candy was devoured! Within 20 min, all the candy was gone, and the girls sat back with an accomplished look on their face.
“Who’s ready for games?” Katie’s mom called down to the girls.
“We are!”, the girls replied.
The girls had a fantastic time. They played relay races and competed in individual events. One final competition, the cookie face challenge. It was between Katie and Rylee for the first place title, and the tension was intense. The race began and Katie had a lead on Rylee, it looked like Katie would win it all, but then Rylee came back and beat her out within the last 10 seconds! “HAHAHAHAHHA I win Loser!” Rylee yelled at Katie. “Whatever”, Katie Replied laughing. “This is still the best birthday I’ve ever had!”