Turn Around By J.J | Teen Ink

Turn Around By J.J

September 24, 2014
By Love,LowLow SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Love,LowLow SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You never know how strong you are until
being strong is the only choice you have






Bob Marley


                        Encouragement has an incredible effect on the human psyche; I have become a different person. In the past an education was not at the top of my list and I had no hope for a future. Skipping school was the easy part; the truancy court was the hardest. I was forced to go to an alternative school with the other kids that had no guidance.
      During my alternative experience I had a complete wake up call. Being around those kids with that much negativity about life, I noticed that I was far from that. So from going through truancy court and seeing my improvement, that I was good all along gave me hope. Also, being the oldest knowing my maturity and responsibility level is much higher made me want to help some of the younger kids but there was no hope. So by focusing on me and getting out of truancy court and the alternative school gave me the aspiration further learning.
                 When, I returned to a regular school setting; I was automatically placed in tenth grade, no impression of what happened in ninth grade. I can’t say that I wasn't proud because, I was and so ecstatic to get out of what I would call crazy land. During my tenth grade year I had my ups and downs but I pulled through. I had all the inspiration; I needed from my family at this point. Although I thrived and wanted so hard to get honor roll that year I couldn't make that happen but, I passed and I was satisfied.
     This is my eleventh grade year at Dickinson and I am doing great. I've challenged myself to go into an, honors English class. My math skills are improving too. Also, I have joined the Del-tech HVAC program. I really enjoy it and plan to continue attending in my twelfth grade year.
                  Moving on from my horrid ways, I have made a complete three sixty turn around. During the ending of high school, I look forward to graduating and earning the Del-tech HVAC certificates. For me encouragement goes a long way.
 


The author's comments:

I was encouraged to write this, because it's about my past life and my view on it now.