The Story of a Girl | Teen Ink

The Story of a Girl

September 17, 2014
By memacek BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
memacek BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do all the things and do them well


This is the simple story of a girl. She fought to get where she is today and she is going to keep fighting until there are no more battles to fight.
She was born fourteen summers ago, on a night when fireworks rocked the world. She grew into a happy little girl with a love for the zoo. The animals all had names of her own creation and she loved each and every one of them. The rhino was Lucy and the lion was Simba. The tiger was Tigger and all the turtles were named Walter. And then that girl entered school. Her school was a pleasant looking yellow brick building with a playground out back and sunlit classrooms where she and her friends would play.
But those happy days were not to stay. Her world got dark and so did her mind. She forgot those animal friends at the zoo in favor of staying inside. She was pale and she was thin, a shadow of the happy little one she had been. She wanted to reach up, but felt like she was drowning and there was no one to save her. She was alone- her friends deserted her and left her in the murky waters of her own mind.
Until a hand grabbed hers through the dark and pulled her out of the dark water that was almost her doom. With the help of some very caring people, the girl was able to piece herself back together. She had come out of the dark with some pieces of her heart and soul missing, but she eventually understood that life was hard but she couldn’t ever give up.
This girl is happy now. She went back to Lucy, Simba, Tigger and all her Walters and she even made some human friends. She’s in high school now and is the happiest she’s been in years. It’s been a long time since those lonely days and nights, but she has kept fighting because these past few years have been taxing. But her time of trouble is ending soon and she has two hundred five days left of a four-year battle. There’s a lot she has yet to learn, but with the help of her family, her friends and her teachers, she can get through anything because the waters of her mind are clear. She is ready for adventure.