Daddy Dreams | Teen Ink

Daddy Dreams

September 14, 2014
By ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
20 articles 3 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life is sarcastically a beautiful journey...

Bs is expected but not accepted....


Brightly shines the sun and so are our hearts Atlast that day comes which we all awaited, done with final exams of high school! And its not about that ...As we planned the day we all meet up for one last time and then part. My dad's dropping and picking us up for today. So dad took a mini van and went to each friend's place. To my surprise 5-6 classmates and all my bus mates of all age groups. When I mean "all age groups", it means the juniors who I don't even talk to, but this is for one last time before I leave this place. We shared our cookies and sang and had fun as drove us. I did feel a little hurt from inside, when dad driving seemed like he was the "driver" of the day. I can see his old wrinkles trying to drive past the fluffy road. Just then all over a sudden the car goes crazy and stops at some random place. There's cops and culprits, men and women all around. We all got scared. Policemen literally slapping people. Infact all over a sudden the bright sunshine turns into grey shades of darkness.The once rusty yet straight road became a shabby, staggered one full of gutter with rain heavily plopping all over. and its only 3 in the afternoon! Fear has conqured everyones mind and definitely noone would wanna get caught in a unneccessary disaster. The next thing that happened literally made me shell shocked. The great friends of mine, even those who didn't deserve the ride, open the doors and leave. They gave excuses like, "Im sorry but can't afford to get into the newspapers for getting caught by the cops in raids". I mean we didnt do anything, we just thought of having fun and at random, police and raids? Honestly seeing this, I cudnt receprocate what was going on, but, how can I have such devilish friends. We are mean to fight and defeat false with truth. We didnt do anything. What's there in getting scared? I saw my dad's face and I was hung in shame. He took his time out to drive us, oly to get blames and embarressment in return. I didn't know what to do. All I could feel now was my shame and droplets of feelings falling as tears from my eyes. I ran towards him crying and saying "im sorry". He was just faking a smile which made me more guilty and cry. The next thing I know is Im in bed and tears all over my side. I realise it was all just a dream. I couldn't get the hang of it....After all that's the power of Daddy's love. I still find myself crying over the dream for the next one hour!


The author's comments:

terrible short story!