Her Addiction | Teen Ink

Her Addiction

August 27, 2014
By BUFEKABAMOTI SILVER, Abuja,
BUFEKABAMOTI SILVER, Abuja,
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Greatness is not achieved by never falling but by rising every time you fall.


She sure did have an awesome personality, she always looked very happy, always with that smile that could light up anyone who met her but still she had a dark side no one knew about.

While standing, though I couldn't understand, I felt every change occuring in her body, mind and soul, slowly changing into a new person that she seemed never to get used to, to someone she'd always resent in her normal self. It seemed to have been beyond her control, she just sat still.

It looked more to me like a demon gradually possessed her, it eroded her body and so did ineptitude, she ran out of ways to stop herself, so powerless and helpless. Willingly, she did go on fighting, not fighting against her demon but against herself and her demon; herself, for letting her go and her demon for getting a tight hold of her. It looked quite interesting to me but I knew i was damn ignorant about the war going on in her mind. She was ferocious, she knew she'd be exultant if she brought down her demon, which she despised but extremely weak and dissatisfied giving it up for herself.

To me she was in the middle of two worlds, far from those around her, about to be torn apart but refused to. This fight which was about to break her into the tiniest of pieces all went on within her unnoticed by people around her even her tempters, probably a little touch or scare could have brought her out of her misery, i thought of helping her but i stood there in obscurity, was peplexed and short of words, all i knew was that she was fighting a battle within herself, a battle i guess she wouldnt have ever wanted to have or experience but she had to go through almost every single day. Trying to fight this demon of hers sure did tear her apart wider everyday...I thought to myself.

I turned to watch as she stood up and walked away, with her head still held up high as usual, i can't tell if she gave in to her demon, didn't care to know that, all i cared about was this incredible young lady being tormented daily by a demon she didn't even have enough power to fight.