Change in society | Teen Ink

Change in society

By SaonaBailey SILVER, Daisy Hill, Other
SaonaBailey SILVER, Daisy Hill, Other

Our world is changing, and it's changing fast. I'm not talking about Climate Change, or any differences in the economy, I am discussing the necessity for precaution.

When I was younger, about nine year's old, my father took me to Egypt. It was a wonderful trip, we stayed in a magnificent hotel, and even got to have a view of the Pyramids from our living-room window. We bought perfumes, rode camels, and all in all had a wonderful, and unforgettable time their. This was the BEFORE scene.

In April of 2014, however, my Grandparents, as per tradition, took a cruise around that area.

Although they said that their trip was 'reasonably enjoyable' they also mentioned the armed forces that had to escort them from place to place, and the numerous police boats that guarded their cruise ship while they were sailing down the river. Although it was generous for the Cruise company and the Egyptian government for supplying these boats, I think we can all agree that it shouldn't have been necessary in the first place. This is the AFTER scene.

This is the outcome of a time of war and civil unrest in areas such as this. Am I the only one who sees the severity of this situation? Am I the only one who thinks it needs to be improved?

I hope that after reading this piece, the reader understands that I am not our to blame anyone, I am only looking for solutions. We were given this world, we need to care for it.