The Downtown Fiction (TDF)

Downtown Fiction is a band that form in 2008, their band consists of four people except one of them only is in the band part time, he just plays live guitar at some concerts, other times the manager hires someone to learn the chords and play in his place. I chose to write about Downtown Fiction because not very many people know of the band. They may know a song or two that is sang by them they just don’t know it.

Since Downtown Fiction signed a contract with Photo Finish Records in 2009 they have made four albums. The genres of music they sing are alternative rock, and pop rock. The first music video Downtown Fiction made was for I Just Wanna Run, which soon became their most popular song. The first full album they made was called Let’s Be Animals.

Downtown Fiction was formed in Fairfax, Virginia, it was formed by Cameron Leahy and Eric Jones. When the group first formed they started out by putting videos on Myspace. Later on they added David Pavluk to the group to be the bassist. He also does background vocals. Downtown Fiction toured for a year and then signed with Photo Finish records in 2009. Then a few years later in February they started the Glamour Kills tour with The Ready Set, Allstar Weekend, We Are The In Crowd, and Marianas Trench. Later in 2011 Eric Jones left and Wes Dimond became a full band member.

Downtown Fiction has lost a few members and gained a few within the past few years but are still very popular even though they formed about six years ago. Some of the songs they have are, I Just Wanna Run, The Best I Never Had, Happy (Without You), Let’s Be Animals, Living Proof, She Knows, Tell Me A Lie, Stoned, and Thanks For Nothing.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

LonglegsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:45 am:
The sentences are a little too long and hard to read, escpecially in the beginning. Well written otherwise.