My Emotions With My Writing | Teen Ink

My Emotions With My Writing

June 25, 2014
By Christine0224 BRONZE, Yakima, Washington
Christine0224 BRONZE, Yakima, Washington
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

I fell the best time for me to write is when my feelings are strongest, not when I can sit down peacefully. When my feelings are coursing through my veins, I feel something overwhelming that I have to get away from. Writing isn’t always my way to deal with my feelings, but honestly, it’s the healthiest way I will ever find. When someone makes me feel horrible about myself or like every fight is my fault, my writing allows me to express myself without hurting me or someone else. I want to have, at least once, an entire day where I do not feel or have anger. Even when I was a little girl, I knew anger all too well. I don’t understand people who are never angry or get angry about something. But my writing allows me to feel close to that, to able me to feel more at peace rather than high-strung as always.

When I feel peaceful while I write, sometimes I can’t fully embrace the emotions behind my writing; sometimes I need to have the same or similar emotion to give that passion, that aggression behind the words. It helps me build a deeper connection to not only that writing piece but also with the audience (if I choose to share certain pieces). With anything you do, I think you should have a passion or some sort of connection to do it, and to complete it well. Without that, you did something without a good reason. Sure, it could be a paper for school that you did only for the fact it was needed to pass, but how good was it when you didn’t enjoy it versus something you did enjoy doing? I find it a huge improvement when you not only like what you’re writing about, but if you have a passion for it. It’s just pure beauty in my eyes.

With every word of emotion put inside a writing piece, you can tell what kind of person wrote it and how well they are at connecting with their audience or how well they connect with their characters or topic. With being calm as I write, sometimes I don’t feel the excitement I do when I’m happy, or in the right mood to write- when all the creativity just flows and every word written is in the place I need it to be. I personally just write best when I hit a high point of my life or when I’m at an all time low, it helps me feel what my paper should convey. Honestly, I don’t mind showing a little of who I am through what I write, it makes me feel a little less isolated and cope better with everything- mostly my feelings. The day I no longer feel anger, I will write about what it’s like and how I either feel like I’ve been missing out on, or if I feel like I’m missing part of me. But until then, my writing will remain the healthiest form for me to release all that (what seems) permanent anger.


The author's comments:
I had very strong feelings at the time and this was my way of dealing with it.