Energetic Silence | Teen Ink

Energetic Silence

By MUSICinMYsoul GOLD, Taichung, Missouri
MUSICinMYsoul GOLD, Taichung, Missouri

It should have been pandemonium. There should have been loud conversations and laughter. Instead there was a peaceful silence. The screeching of shoes on the basketball court, people cheering on the side lines, but all I noticed was how peaceful it was. A couple friends paying attention to the other team’s basketball game. We all ended on a win, people having simple conversations with each other. A quiet honesty between each student, boy and girl, not even having to say anything. We all knew. A scratch of a pen on a get well card to an injured player, starring in the void of our unique closeness. I breathe in and out, inhale exhale, inhale exhale, we left it out on that basketball court. The pain, the joy, the sweat, the victory, the disappointment, everything. We all knew that. That bond was there so deep that we shared that silence and peace in each other. As if we were going to share that moment forever as a class. We would do anything for each other. We shared that unspoken love that lets us trust without information, serving each other, even if it means walking three blocks to get dinner for two players, and carrying a player across a great distance so she could get on the bus, carrying her stuff, and much more. I personally would do anything for any of these people, and no one could ever take their place from this experience.

Right after getting third at a basketball tournament