Sunday, February 9, 2014 1:08 pm | Teen Ink

Sunday, February 9, 2014 1:08 pm

By alme3 DIAMOND, Double Oak, Texas
alme3 DIAMOND, Double Oak, Texas

"Love is friendship set on fire." -Jeremy Taylor

1:08 last year
We were eating Indian food at Rasoi’s. I’d never had Indian food before. You paid, and I thought that was sweet. You said your family would come, and they did. Your dad left napkins on our table, and we giggled.

1:08 today
I’m looking up what the Standard Oil Company was while eating a leftover fajita. The tortilla is hard.

2:34 last year
We were at Lewisville Lake and we found a geocache behind the sign in the bushes. We walked down by the water and sat in the grass. You put dried leaves in my hair and told me I looked like Lady Liberty.

2:34 today
I’m inside on the couch. It’s gray outside and I have a headache.

3:15 last year
We were going to sneak into a rated R movie, Django Unchained, but there were too many people around. So we settled on Warm Bodies. The zombies scared me, and you laughed at me, but told me not to be afraid. We both groaned when we realized it was a spinoff of Romeo & Juliet.

3:15 today
I’m watching soccer on TV. I hate soccer.

4:56 last year
We decided to go get hot chocolate at Starbucks instead of ice cream at Baskin Robbins since it was cold outside. We drank them, and we were warm, and you opened the car door for me.

4:56 today
I’m halfway between asleep and awake. I really should be studying for an algebra test tomorrow, but I can’t stop coughing. I wish we were still friends.

5:45 last year
You pulled into my driveway slowly. Before I got out, you looked at me with nervous blue eyes and asked a question you’ve tried to ask all day. I said sure, and you fist pumped. I walked inside smiling from ear to ear.

5:45 today
I send a text. Hoping it’ll make a difference. I’m scared to death.

A journal entry