Letter, Yet, We Still Live | Teen Ink

Letter, Yet, We Still Live

By Mr.JayCe SILVER, Antioch, Tennessee
Mr.JayCe SILVER, Antioch, Tennessee

For belligerence is not to be fooled with, it is the key to a lurid reputation.

Why do our eyes see the wrong, and we do the good; why do we have the sagacity for a hero but a heart of honey? Why is there apprehension in youth’s soul? Who planned to tell us that being a grown-up is more learning on your own than it is being taught? “Yet, we still live?”
I am writing this letter to you guys in hopes to say I miss everyone. Blood may be thicker than water but, water keeps your blood flowing, healthy. I can honestly announce that you all have kept my blood flowing well. I sometimes wonder how everyone is doing, and how much Jerald is spoiling his little girl. It never ceases to amaze me how daddies are with their little girls. It is definitely an inspiring moment centered in an expensive frame, which motivates me to no end constantly, and as if electricity flows through the air because the lack of outlets.

Frankly, I am distressed with the amount of work that is building up around this time of my life. I would say I am handling it well. From making the Tennessean twice, being on Channel 5 News, all because of a speech in front of eleven hundred people, before and after Harvard University professors, Vanderbilt University professors, Middle Tennessee University professors and other uniquely educated people, to trying vigorously to remember that I am just a child, is a hard adjustment and a struggling balance of mine. And so, I would like to thank everyone that entered my life but especially your family. They allowed me to flourish in my heavy thinking and build an amazing character. The entire family works so hard with anything they devote themselves to, mostly sports. The work ethic has been contagious because I now work hard with my education.

If there is one thing that I know best, it is that I passionately and actively pursue my mistakes and consistently meddle for new errors, from which I will learn. That is the work ethic that has developed in my character and I knew that a lot of it was because of the family. As I am trailing the passion that encourages me, I was told, “Your work ethic is truly breathtaking!” This had me contemplate on how and why that is. I couldn’t help but thank the family for accepting me and recollecting a collage of moments and memoirs that I have accumulated. From learning how to make an effective apology to understanding the blunt roles of leadership, they all were learned the hard way… I took things personally. The mistakes that I choose to learn from usually are the mistakes that have me construe feelings. It is like the old saying, “Hitting two birds with one stone!”

There are inquiries that I tend to ask everyone but those closest to me and so here is my chance. The questions about the world and education spate my mind and give a disquieting perception about the world my children one day will be heir too.

It is consecutive days of death from pursuing immense dreams having me sacrificing sleep. While I’m perturbing about the world and education I continually lose focus on the subtle things that might matter inside each twenty-four hour period. Zeroed in on how much happiness I can achieve and the bundles of success I can obtain have me lost in a spectrum of who is there for me. It has met me face to face with disorientation and confusion. It is tough trying to configure your life at eighteen, let alone the world! We all grow up, being told right from wrong, and what is expected of us. Yet, no one ever tells us, or has us figuring out how to configure it all! The inquiries that spate are: how do we construct a foundation of independence, how do we create some sort of mechanism that supports the organization of everything we have eruditely embedded in ourselves, how are we to process everything that is happening, how do we go about the levels of stress we sometimes burden ourselves with? What is fighting through it and how does that appear? How do we know we are fighting? Why… is it hard to live this life in this time? We are chosen to do the dirty work as to filth, corruption, immorality, dehumanization, and dishonesty….

Either you are getting lost in attempts to figure out why certain things happen and allocating change or you live your life mindlessly, ignoring all the things that could happen which can be immeasurably displeasing. Pondering all the things that plagues your generation and in the adults case, your kids generation which is the one I am in and worrying about. Sincerely, is that normal for a child, a young man, and my age?
To conclude, I write this letter, an elusive essay, or speech to the family because I am curious of you all’s well being and your thoughts about what I have written to you.

P.S. I graduate May 25, event starts a seven o’clock. Which means, maybe I’ll be working for Jerald on May, 27th! I will see what I can do about six tickets for you all.

Thanks, sincere and loving with best regards,

Johnathan *********** a.k.a John John

Simply lifting things off my shoulder, it is my form of expression with literal intentions of implying something.