That Weird Kid | Teen Ink

That Weird Kid

By Purplerebelgirl13 GOLD, Toronto, Other
Purplerebelgirl13 GOLD, Toronto, Other

I’m that weird kid. I have always been. The one who didn’t obviously dress different or have “problems” but they were an outcast nonetheless. I am the kid who never pays attention but gets good grades. I’m the person you fear to talk to just because you have no idea what will happen. I’m the kid no one knows anything about. I’m the kid who randomly stares out the window and hums the back yard agains. I’m the kid who randomly cry’s in class. I’m that weird kid.

I was sitting in class, English to be exact. It was last period and I started to tear up. Its not unusual and the funniest thing is no one ever notices. I was contemplating life and thinking what would happen if I jumped out of the window. I am that weird kid who thinks of ways to kill everyone sitting around them. I’m the kid who puts all their problems to the back of their mind and tryst to forget. But today the tears were coming faster then normal.

I was called on to give my opinion on some stupid paragraph written by some old dude. But as I put my head up to answer some kid from the back of the room called out, why are you crying are you ok? I just said I’m fine and blew it off but my mind was racing. Someone noticed me. Someone cared. This was a turning point for me. I started listening and contributing and engaging and the world gave back.

I got some friends and even best friends. I came out of my shell and learned how to be me again. Lets just say if it weren’t for that one kid who decided to ask the weird kid what was wrong I might still be a loner. That day my whole outlook on humanity changed. I mean everything can be looked at in perspective. Yes there are evil people but all you have to do is look around for those few people who care and are willing to be cared for.