(2/14/14) Dad | Teen Ink

(2/14/14) Dad

March 25, 2014
By KingForADay97 SILVER, Waco, Texas
KingForADay97 SILVER, Waco, Texas
5 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche


“The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance”
“When I was a young boy,
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band.”

I can connect with these lyrics because when my dad and mom were still married and we lived in Lott, Texas, my dad actually took me to the city to see a band and this song played on the way there,“When I was a young boy. My father took me into the city. To see a marching band.”

This was the first song I’d ever heard at that age that “spoke to me” and that to this day is our song me and my dad, and I think My Chemical Romance wrote this about a girl and how she died and he still feels her around sometimes and that death is like a giant parade, made of all the people he’s ever met or known, that makes a ruckus and and is continuous and ever marching forward.

It’s also about how angry he is that she is gone and how it’s turned him into a social outcast and how he will, one day, join “the Black Parade” proudly and march with everyone else that’s been lost in his lifetime.