The Boy Who Made Her Terrified of Love | Teen Ink

The Boy Who Made Her Terrified of Love

February 28, 2014
By redneck,girl PLATINUM, Fowler, Michigan
redneck,girl PLATINUM, Fowler, Michigan
23 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
ooo Hot boy.....but u have a bf.........you can look just cant touch.
~Mom


She was in Karate class one night when he walked in. She didn’t think anything of him until she was walking to her car and she was having trouble getting to her keys. He asked her if he could help but she said politely to not worry about it and that she’s got it. About a week went by and she decided she wanted to get to know him so she wrote down her number and gave it to him the next day. He had one more class that night so she waited and looked at her social network site. His name popped up and she realized she knew who he was. About 5 months prior to that at her 4H fair he had hurt her feelings really bad and she was terrified he would recognize her. The next morning she got a text from him. She explained everything and he apologized saying he was going through a hard time and that his brother had gotten into a bad accident. She forgave him and everything was good from then on.

About 2 weeks later they started their relationship and she was so happy. He bought her stuffed animals, jewelry, ect. He told her he had never had a girlfriend before. She thought he was the one. He came to her family’s christmas parties and they saw each other almost every day. On a chat application she realized he had changed his name to something “cute” and “flirty”. She confronted him about it and he said he just needed a change and that it is what all his friends call him. she made him promise he wasn't talking to any girls behind her back and he told her she was the only one he ever talked to.

A few days before new years eve they got to see eachother again. He had been saying his facebook wasn't working so she said to grab his phone. She wanted to see if she could fix it and see what was going on with it. He had his phone in his hands while saying “Oh, it’s working now, thats weird.” She looked and saw that he had facebook messages from just two days before. He got really defensive and asked why she was so suspicious of him. Confused she explained that she had the right to be because she had just caught him lying to her. She asked to see his phone so he threw it on his bed yelling that he had nothing else to hide. Quite the contrary. She looked at his chat app that he had recently changed his name on, She found other girls’ usernames up on his recent messages. One sent from that Sunday to be exact. He was flirting with her and sent her nude pictures of himself. She was heart broken. Everything was going downhill from there. His mom heard them fighting and was trying to help. But he had locked himself in the bathroom because he knew she was going to find everything he was hiding. She showed his mom what he had done and eventually the girl found another on skype and he eventually confessed that the other girl was also his girlfriend. The girl left and felt like she was dying. They talked again that night and she drove back out there and stupidly took him back. After that she went home one last time and while laying in bed she had told God that he could take her life while she was sleeping that night because she didn't feel like anything was worth it anymore. She felt like she made a huge mistake for taking him back.

The next morning she woke up and she went to her grandfather’s house with her family. That’s when she decided she should leave him. So she did. She texted him and told him that a relationship cannot be healthy without trust and she obviously had zero trust for him. She let him go. She had never felt so good and free, but till this day she still cries herself to sleep some nights because of what he did to her.

That boy made her terrified to love again.


The author's comments:
This was my....bitter sweet relationship.