My Best Friend Saved My Life | Teen Ink

My Best Friend Saved My Life

By courtney brown BRONZE, Keller, Texas
courtney brown BRONZE, Keller, Texas

anxiously waiting behind the trapping gates,my thoughts only concentrated on the buzzing bees and my annoying best friend Briena. finally i hustled to find a good spot in the shade. we ran and jumped in the pool, it felt like a mini earthquake underneath us. we couldn't wait to be the first ones to get on the new slide.after a couple of minutes we swam back to the other side of the pool. as we slowly got out of the water i felt a tug on my neck then i was suddenly underwater gasping for air. i was in panic i didn't know what to do. all of a sudden i was free and i sprinted to the top of the water. once i could see again i had figured out what just happened. someone was choking me, Briena had saved my life.she punched the boy right in the face. as the water in my ears started to clear out i heard all these whistles and an alarm going off i just remember covering my ears and being pulled out of the water by the lifeguards.my best friend had saved my life. i will never ever forget the time my best friend saved my life. life