Grandmother | Teen Ink

Grandmother

December 17, 2013
By Aracely SILVER, Grove, Oklahoma
Aracely SILVER, Grove, Oklahoma
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

About 7 years ago I moved to the house I am currently living in. I had to sell Ridgy cards for school. I was around my neighborhood selling them. I had just moved in into my house, I obviously didn’t know anyone in my neighborhood. I went to a ladies house and asked her if she wanted to buy a ridgy card form me. I asked her, her name and we just started to have a conversation about plants. I love plants and she does too. She later asked me what my name was and I told her my name and she couldn’t hear me, so I kept repeating her my name. she kept saying it wrong so I just told her she could call me whatever she liked. As we kept talking about plant she started to say how she loved the ones I had at my house. She asked me is she could have some starts off of the plants at my house I told her that would be fine. She asked if I could come back the next day to bring them to her and I said yes. The next day I went to her house and we started to have longer conversations, until I got to the point where I was at her house often and she started to invite me over to eat dinner with her and her husband. We are best friends now and I call her grandma although, she really isn’t. about three months ago she was in the hospital she was extremely sick. I was at the hospital with her when her heart stopped. Thank God they brought her back to life. She is now at the nursing home along with her husband. I go visit her as much as possible I have so much fun with her. We go out to eat together, I take her top her daughters house sometimes. Her whole family is so nice to me because they all know how close we have became. This is why I call her grandmother because this is what she has been for me for the past 7 years. I don’t have one of my grandmothers and my other grandmother I never get to see. This is the reason I call her grandmother. I couldn’t have a better grandmother I love her so much.