Anatomy of Goodbye

Goodbye. It sounds so plain. So simple. So direct, so thoughtless. So colloquial. Yet, it’s so effective. Sometimes, the impact that a goodbye can leave on a person is incomparable. Sometimes, this plain goodbye tears the person apart. Sometimes, a plain goodbye leaves you shattered. What makes each goodbye different is the fabric of time, and the way in which it is said. People say goodbye everyday. And most of these goodbyes are thoughtless, vain or maybe even unheard. They are so unimportant and regular. What’s important are the last goodbyes. These are beautiful and painful, all at the same time. These are something which you want to keep as memories for eternity, but these are something which you want to forget too, because the memory of them makes you cry. They are so intricate, yet so simple.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:55 am
Similarly to NymeriaWaters, I love the idea behind this piece but think it could really be improved with some fleshing out! Continue adding descriptive and figurative language. Also, I would have liked a little more of an ending.... I feel like you had much more to say! Don't be afraid to play around with words and use as many as you need to really be able to express yourself, the ideas you're trying to share. In time, you'll find a voice you're confident with. :)

NymeriaWaters said...
Aug. 2 at 8:42 pm
This is a very intriguing idea for a work. It would be wonderful if you used more of the very poetic language thanlt is so prevalent in lots of your other works.