Goodbye | Teen Ink

Goodbye

By Fangnatic14 GOLD, Ormond Beach, Florida
Fangnatic14 GOLD, Ormond Beach, Florida

Breathe in. Breathe out. Keep calm. No crying yet. I’m not gone yet. Six more months until it ends. Take in, and love, every moment.

For fourteen years, almost fifteen, I've grown up with these people. We've gotten older together. We've improved together. We’re each other’s family and no one understands us like we do. I love them all so much and I’d do anything for them. Dancing together for as long as we do creates a bond where we all become the same person.

The problem is, people leave. Some graduate, some quit, some move…

And I’m reaching that point.

In six months, I will have performed my last dance in the Peabody auditorium. I will take my final bow and the curtains will close once more. I will lose most of who I am

Then I go to college and work. I will rarely see my family at the studio, my second home. Even though the company has many flaws, it has been my one constant. It’s always there for any bad or good day. My family is always there for me and it is too difficult to think about leaving them.

Without them, I will be utterly alone. And I will cry when the curtains close because hugs will ensue. I know I will want to hold each of them forever, but I will have to let go. I've already let go of one and my eyes were swollen for a day after. So how will I let go of twenty more?