The Lonely Trail | Teen Ink

The Lonely Trail

By heyguy SILVER, Lisbon, Wisconsin
heyguy SILVER, Lisbon, Wisconsin

The day I’ve waited for, has come. Every inch of my body, itching with excitement. I sat waiting on top of my dad’s dirty truck along with my sister waiting for everything to be unloaded so I could jump on my four-wheeler.

Being at the cabin four hours away, I knew my dad would unload everything, and happily sit down and relax inside. After waiting for nearly an hour, I couldn’t wait much more.

I went on the trail alone. Trail after trail, I kept riding. The wind hit against my helmet and body, it felt just like six flags all over again! I went faster and faster whipping through the trails. I realized something was wrong.

The engine made noises with a sound like a train coming to a halt, along with smoke from the engine… The four-wheeler came to a halt leaving me stranded in the middle of a dark and lonely trail.

The sky became black after such a sunny day. A storm was approaching. The rain started.
All I could do is wait. No gear, no food, and no idea where the nearest road was. I sat there clueless after trying to fix the four-wheeler and even waiting for it to cool down. Hours passed. I sat waiting.

I saw a bright ray in the distance! A blur of headlights turned into one steady tunnel of joyous lights. He arrived.