Along the Lines of Love | Teen Ink

Along the Lines of Love

I've always been "that girl." Weather it was a good thing or bad thing, that was me. I was the most popular in 3rd grade. in 4th, i was the nerd that got glasses over the summer. 5th, well... i was still a nerd, with nerdy friends. 6th, when I got contacts, I was the social climber. In 7th I was the slut. Every time i played the role that was given to me... but not tis time. This time i would stand out from the stereotypes.
It was the start of my 8th grade year. I had a crush on the star football player, and a growing one on the running back. They had things alike, tho. They were both tall, strong, handsome, funny...
The first football game, I decided that I wasn't going to let Jacob, the one I liked more, pass me by. My best friend CJ said that I should go talk to him, so I did. Thats when he asked me if I was new here. Thats when I decided I wanted to change.
I started to wear better clothes to school. Not just jeans and a t-shirt that has a sports team on it or one that has NBHA across the boobs. I wore skirts, skinny jeans, shorts, sweaters, flowing blouses, tank tops, and even dresses. I never went without doing my hair and make-up, or without putting my contacts in.
I talked to people more, I was more energetic then ever. I started to think he noticed me, especially when he said to his friends I was hot. I tried to play it cool, but I couldn't help it, I blushed and giggled like I was five. I wanted to get him to ask me to the dance or just for my number, but thats when CJ dumped Dixlyn, his long term girlfriend. I didn't understand why for the longest time, then it hit me. Me.
CJ always told me how great I am, and how beautiful I am. He never said that I talked to much about myself, which I tend to do sometimes. He was always there for me, since 3rd grade.
He kissed me one time, and I never wanted to be apart from him. He held my hand in front of his parents, and his friends. He wasn't timid to say he loved me. He didn't want me to ever be alone. He was my best friend, and then, my boyfriend. If I think about it, we were always along the lines of love.