Night Drive This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I was driving, and the moon was full in my small suburban neighborhood. My windows were down, and my eyes wide open, fixated on the lunar object in the sky. I was listening to music, and a girl was on my mind. Have you ever listened to music, and your heart skips a beat, because of how in tune it is with your situation at hand? The main meaning of the song, was saying how only in dreams, will you ever be with this perfect girl, and it will all go away when you wake up. Completely immersed in the song, I drove through my neighborhood, fast enough to get the sensation of speed, and freedom. This was probably the feeling a stallion would get, when he roamed plains, trying to find meaning to his simple life. I was fighting my urge to say how I felt, and just keep it inside, and I did. The song was enchanting me as I drove past houses I had past one billion times before. I counted the seconds as the song bore on, as it went into an instrumental section. I was so sad. Sad that I would never be able to be with her, and I knew it. This girl was always on my mind, and just always an image of a real person to me. The instrumental section reached its climax, and I felt every millisecond go by as the melody played out in melancholic harmony with my feelings. I would never have her unless in dreams, and I knew it. Apparently, Weezer did too. Sometimes, music can lead you in the direction you need to go, instead of the direction you want to go.