My Mom is the Harriet Tubman of My Life | Teen Ink

My Mom is the Harriet Tubman of My Life

By Ray97 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Ray97 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Health??? The state of being free from illness or injury. When the word health comes up I Immediately think of a special person in my life. Been through hell on this earth but just like Harriet Tubman, she kept fighting. This woman just so likely happen to be my mom.

Melody Ann Wilson is her name and fighting to be her is the game that she’s going to win with god on her side so get ready because I’m going to tell you her ride. Every since I was young, it just been my mom, my brothers, and me. Now my mom, she worked a lot of jobs. She’s been abused physically and mentally but a question comes to my mind. Why does she go through all this? Her answer to me was “I’m fighting to stay on this earth to see ya’ll grow up and make it.” We mean the world to her and she mean the world to us. So we have to help her make her dream.

My Mom is a very strong women. She been abused by her husbands in the past. She worked over a good amount of jobs in her life starting at the age of 7 working with her father selling produce.She worked to serve people that’s homeless got no food clothes nor shelter or things that others have.She tried help to many of my family members in there struggles she does so much but her health is getting destroyed and is now suffering. But born and raised as good women from her father and water her big beautiful heart helps all.

Now at age 45 she has 7 boys and a boy friend who obviously cares enough to stick around and help. She been beaten up, she worked in freezing weather climate,which by the way gave her them bad knees she got,the stress which brings high blood pressure comes from us, bills,people asking for so much like we rich and have something to give, and the outside world giving hell. She takes over 30 medications she had lupus, cancer, so many surgeries, stem in her heart it’s a lot but she continue to praise lord and give him thanks for still living to be here to see us and let her dream and our dreams come true. Harriet tubman took beatings, took slavery, found ways to fight for her family underground railroad helped her in big way. But that’s why I compare my mom to harriet tubman despite everything against them they two black African American warriors. In my mom worst living health the struggles continue but she fighting for us and having us might of messed up her dreams but one dream she asked for is to see us grow up be who she taught us to be.

My mom means everything to me. I learned as a 16 yr old boy that its good to have a good heart and help people but it’s a certain limit to everything and as young man I cant make excuses to do great. And when I do make it ill do whats right by my family who been helping me and us together to make this happy living my mom and brothers will have everything and everybody who against me will have the satisfaction of seeing me be great. Love my mom and I will her her stay on this earth so her dream will come true.