Personal essay | Teen Ink

Personal essay

By Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

Life isn't about the storm it's about learning to dance in the rain.

A wonderful friend! A friend is great but, when they become your boyfriend, that’s really exciting. I thought we were just really good friends, however, it turned out that Malaki really liked me. He likes me for who I am, and I’m not afraid to be weird around him. I got a fortune cookie saying that I will meet the one I will adore soon, now I believe the “one” is here.
The first day Maliki and I met was in church, we were in the main room downstairs. If you arrived there earlier, you could play with balloons. I tossed my balloon in the air, and I went to go get it. Malaki grabbed it and tossed it the other way, so I had to go chase it. The teachers split everyone up and we went into different rooms, according to our grade level. I knew Malaki liked me, because he would always sit by me and talk to his friend about me, I found that out because one of his friends told me.
When I went to church we started to get to know each other, and he felt comfortable enough and told me that he liked me. He asked for my number after school. Malaki and I were texting each other for awhile after school and he asked me if I broke up with my other boyfriend and I said “Yeah, why?” He replied with “Because I really, really, really like you!” I was shocked because I definitely knew that he liked me but he never told me. Suddenly, everything changed! My friend became my boyfriend. Malaki asked me out and I said yes. We talked all the time and we hang out together.
Now we are very happy together. I can be myself around him and he likes me for who I am. I don’t have to pretend to be someone I’m not. He tells me all the time not to wear makeup because I don't have to wear it to be pretty. He made me cry when he said that to me, because no one has ever told me that before. Every night before we go to bed we always say goodnight and I love you. When we wake up we tell each other good morning. When we’re together we hold hands and sometimes hug.
Malaki and I are a very cute couple. We make each other laugh, and we hug, and hold hands, and don't make each other uncomfortable. Sometimes when you get out of your comfort zone it's good, but for now we are staying in our comfort zones. Sometimes when you do something to yourself your boyfriend/girlfriend can’t handle seeing you like that. So, Malaki had to do what was best for me and him, so we broke up. We are going to talk about it and you never know, we might get back together again!