Pizza...or not | Teen Ink

Pizza...or not

October 20, 2013
By NotForMe BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
NotForMe BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
3 articles 0 photos 8 comments

So this story is about pizza, but it is also about life, priorities, and decisions.

One week at my church's youth group, the woman who is in charge of distributing the pizza called that there was more left, and the sound of "PIZZA" was very pleasing to my ears. It meant I could have more food, which, being 17 and 6 foot, 6 inches, makes me happy.

So I foolishly got up and walked over to get me some more pizza, leaving a conversation to do so. I thought it was ok, there were three other people. Sure one of them happened to be the girl I love, but it was also her friends. Needless to say, this was a mistake.
Next week, I was feeling lazy, and so I asked my 'girlfriend' to grab me a slice. She happily obliged, seeing as she was getting one herself, and I was in a rather deep conversation with somebody. The only problem was, she remembered my leaving her for the pizza the week before.
Never in my life have I see so much seasoning on pizza. It was my 'punishment'. I almost had to eat/try the slice she brought me, a) because she asked me to try it, and b) because she said if I did, she would forgive me getting up the week before.
I ate the slice, and after shaking off half the seasoning, it was pretty good, so there is a happy ending to this story.

So now for the moral.
There are gonna be a lot of things that grab your attention, but be mindful of the consequences or rewards, and which outweighs the other. In my case, I could have stayed with my girl and not gotten the pizza, and I would have been able to hear her voice. Maybe pizza wasn't the right choice?
Think about how trivial that situation is though. Think about how this story could relate to drugs, or even to girls. If you girls are in relationships, make sure he is giving you all the attention and love he should. If you guys are in relationships, especially with a girl you say you love, cherish her and don't let yourself be distracted by another girl who might be better looking, like the pizza was immediately gratifying; because in the process, you might miss out on a beautiful person like I missed hearing the voice of the girl I love.


The author's comments:
I think some people just need to hear a story about something they can relate to sometimes. Who can't relate to pizza? Hope y'all enjoy it!