A Man Out There | Teen Ink

A Man Out There

October 6, 2013
By Willow55 SILVER, Hudgins, Virginia
Willow55 SILVER, Hudgins, Virginia
5 articles 0 photos 23 comments

I know that there is a man out there who will move heaven and earth to see me smile. A man who will sit faithfully by my hospital bed and distract me from the pain, comforting me gently but never allowing me to entertain self-pity. I know that there is a man out there who will show me the bright lights of New York at Christmas time, and stand in the bustling, snowy streets with me and buy tickets to a Broadway show with his hard earned money. I know that there is a man out there who will get up at the crack of dawn every morning to go to a job where he works with people far less wise than himself so that he can earn that money to provide for his family, and occasionally treat them to extravagant moments.The smell of his coffee still lingering in the kitchen when I awaken hours later is one of my greatest sources of pride, because it is a reminder of the sacrifices he consistently and unquestionably makes so that his family remains secure and content. I know that there is a man out there who respects God and does his best to live accordingly. I know that there is a man out there whose love for me remains steady no matter how turbulent life gets in this uncertain world. I know that this man is real, because my mother married him.


The author's comments:
A short piece I wrote from an idea I had. It may end up being part of a longer piece.