Scariest Day Ever | Teen Ink

Scariest Day Ever

October 2, 2013
By KellyLynn97 BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
KellyLynn97 BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It’s the cold winter day of December 7, 2005 that would change my life forever. My family was torn apart; we were put into foster care.

I started my day like any other day. It was seven long hours of learning new things. As soon as the bell rung I jetted out of class. When I got home I told my mom how school went. Then I decided to make a sandwich I never got t finish.

Bang Bang!

“Hello Ma’am,” said the police officer.

“We are her for the children.” I looked out of the window to see four cop cars sitting outside the house.

“Put your socks, shoes, and coat on. You have to come with us,”

The social worker explained. An officer followed all of us around as we got our stuff together. My oldest sister gave me pictures to take with us. She promised to fix everything. We all get in the SUV and stared back crying as we drove away.

The car pulled into a parking lot and stopped. We all get out. The building was really big and looked creepy and old. We took the elevator up to the second floor. From there, we all had to change our clothes and take pictures. We were there for a couple hours when the worker told my little sisters to go with them. They found a family that would take them in. About an hour the same thing for my three brothers. All that was left was me and my sister Brooke.

It was us against the world. We were there after the place was closed. They couldn’t found a family to take us in. the first family they called said they wouldn’t because we were white. By the grace of go the found one family that was willing to bring us to their home.

It was about a 30 minute drive before we got to their house. We got out the can and went in through the side door. We met our foster mom, Queen.

“Call me Momma Queen. Now stop all that crying you’re going to make yourselves sick,” was the first thing she informed us. We were showed where we would be sleeping. We took a bath and went to bed.

The first week we got registered for school and got new clothes because we had nothing. We visited our family every Wednesday. This was our life for 16 months.

This was the hardest thing o ever had to go through, but we all learned from this experience. It changed us personally and as a whole.


The author's comments:
This is a very strong piece. its very important to me.