Understanding | Teen Ink

Understanding

By Megsly625 BRONZE, Windham, New Hampshire
Megsly625 BRONZE, Windham, New Hampshire

"Life is about falling, living is about getting back up."
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain."
"Live life as if you'll die tomorrow. Dream as if you'll live forever."

How long must I wait for fate to set in and either take me from this world or stay my seething rage. Why am I not good enough for anyone that I meet. Too sensitive, too kind, too angry, too smart, too quiet, too lonely, too nervous, too shy to be good enough for you. All the critics pointing fingers just to bring you down, all the people naming names just so you can hit the ground hard enough to shatter bone and leave you broken. I never understood why people must be so cruel, but I know I have cruelty within my bruised and broken heart. Someone without a soul that has been tossed down onto this earth as a decoy, a toy, a joke for everyone else to laugh at. Worthless, not used for anything but a stepping stool to make others feel better. Where there should be kindness, there is cruelty, where there should be love, there is hate, where there should be understanding, there is scorn. Why do people feel it necessary to kill me slowly, painfully, every day driving another needle into my already bleeding heart. Anyone who reads this, I implore you, love all those who stand alone and give to others your friendship, a helping hand, a friendly smile, even a wave hello. Something so small can change a life in seconds, and the memory lasts forever. Remember this, everyone you now is human, so treat them that way. We have feelings too, and they can be hurt ten times worse than you think. Those people who have someone to lean on through it all, we don't get that luxury, so make a choice to love the lonely today, you never know what they have been through until you decide to ask.

I tend to have deep thoughts on bad days... Hope you enjoy.