Dream | Teen Ink

Dream

July 9, 2013
By MaliLove BRONZE, Maple Hts., Ohio
MaliLove BRONZE, Maple Hts., Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Learn from Yesterday. Live for Today. Hope for Tomorrow


We were in high school, first day I think. It was picture day it seemed. I was right after one of my best friend's, Jada. Everyone was all dressed up. Me in my floral dress, Jada in her new high heels.

When I took my picture, I noticed I was different. I looked a tad bigger, as if I got curvier. My hair was longer(reached to my waist), silky and wavy. My nose looked bigger, and my eyes were this, light gray color.

After the picture, I went to class. It was weird because the whole class was pink. The walls, lights, carpet, everything except the desks and white board. The desks were arranged into groups of 3's and 4's. I was in a group with Donald, Ryan, and.....
Alex.

Surprisingly my old 8th grade teacher, Ms. Gura was there. She was passing out books that the class had to read. While she was doing that, Alex talked to me.
He said, "Hey".
He started to say other stuff but they were stuttered, as if he were nervous.I could tell he wanted to say something.

Finally he asked me in a nervouse tone, " So do...d-..."
Then in a low voice, "Do you still have feeling for me? Did you forget, even a little bit?"

I had a choice, I could tell him the truth or I could do what's easier and lie, tell him that I have and that I was fine. But I wasn't, and I didn't.

"Yeah, but only a little bit. I can never forget, I care to much. I care too much about you. I'll always care..." I say it almost in a whisper. I don't want to look him in the eyes. I don't want him to see me cry.

I was to busy talking and trying not to cry to notice that he moved from his seat and stood next to me. And before I knew it, his arms were around me, holding me close. I was still sitting down, so he bent down resting his chin on my head, softly stroking my hair. I could hear "Aww's" in the background.

Then softly, he whispered to me,
"Please don't be sad. I'm sorry that i hurt you.....I never meant to hurt you..." He huged me tighter. I could smell his cologne and hear a faint heartbeat.

I don't know if it was from happiness or shock but i felt like crying. I wanted to wrap my arms around him just as tight, to cry onto his chest and I knew he wouldn't blame me. He'd hold me and make all the pain go away...

But before i could wrap my arms around him...to cry for and with him....for him to make it ok.....

I woke up.


The author's comments:
I had a strange but pleasant dream last night...