Home Alone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The sky was pitch black, the house was creaking, and I still had four hours until my parents got home. Locked in my parents’ room, I turned on the TV full blast so I wouldn’t hear the creaking house.

I barely heard the phone ring. I picked it up and said, “Hello … hello …?” but there was no response. I knew someone was on the other end. Finally, I hung up. A minute later, the phone rang again; still no one was there. I became more frightened as time passed; the same ­person called five more times.

At this point I didn’t bother picking up, but the ringing continued. To get my mind off this prank caller, I called my friend. She told me not to worry and to turn the phone off. As we talked, I heard someone pull into the driveway. When I peeked out the window, I saw an unfamiliar car.

Thirty minutes passed and the car was still in my driveway. It drove up and down the drive as if aware I was watching. My friend told me to call the cops, but I refused.

Soon the phone calls started again. I heard noises in the background, but I couldn’t tell what they were. I really didn’t want that person to get out of the car and start toward the house. If they did, I didn’t know what I’d do. None of the doors were locked, and I would have no way of protecting myself. The only thing I could do was hide, which wasn’t a very good plan.

At this point I was considering calling the cops, but my friend offered to drive by. “Maybe if they see me pull in, they will leave,” she suggested. By the time she arrived, the car had left. The phone rang again and I picked up, thinking it might be my friend. Someone on the other end said “Bye-bye.”

At that point I wasn’t as scared as curious. Since then I have not stayed home alone and I probably never will.

kitkat95 said...

reading give me tha absolute chiil

you are a strong girl i would of run away screaming it it happen to me  <3

Imperfectlife replied...

I would have make sure to think up an escape plan in case or scream at them (probs not). The truth, I would have ran and call the police, (I don't think so 'cause I'm a chicken.

JoPepper said...
Oh god that happened!!! Most likely I wouldn't of picked up the phone.  but if I did I would've called my parents then 911 after the car showed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :()

Bka341997 said...
May 20, 2011 at 11:02 am
WOW  creepy...really happend? I cant even amagin what i would do...u dont have caller id?

Gracie55 said...
May 17, 2011 at 9:45 am
WOW!!!!!!!.....AND THAT WAS REALL!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!

ninjadragon56 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
thts freaky! Wow, i wonder who that was. it sounds like the beginning to a novel or something, not like something that would actualy happen. your description is really good and i could really feel what was going on. i like it!   

Golden Power Ranger said...
alalalalalal wiow creepy story thats happend to me once befor too!

gradfgd said...
May 4, 2011 at 10:05 am
that sounds pretty creepy. Its weird being home alone when the house starts creaking but, no one hasever pulled into the driveway when I was home alone. It was probably one of your friends unless you tell everyone that your going to be home alone. One day a friend pulled into my driveway but i knew that he was comming.

stanleysmart said...
May 4, 2011 at 9:56 am
home alone is really weird and good because you get to stay home alone and also has good characters in the story is fun to read this and creepy to be home alone

Golden Power Ranger replied...
Stanley are on this during school????

paigeforemanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Chills. -shudder- I get why you won't stay home alone, I wouldn't either after experiencing that. Still, like you, I'm curious as to who that person was...
Good job in writing this!

Radiah said...
Apr. 10, 2011 at 7:49 am
haha pretty mysterious. u have good writing, write more! :))

Tbug1997 said...
Apr. 9, 2011 at 8:10 am
if this was me i wouldnt answer the phone because people can track your signal and if i saw a car in the driveway that i didnt regnioze i would throw something out the window at the car but thats just me

kaylahahahah123 replied...
That was great you should write more stories that was very scarey

rockstardream said...
This really happened? Wow- I'd be freaked! You know, the mysterious phone calls could have been someone calling, checking of someone was there. Next time your home alone (if you have Caller ID), don't answer the phone unless its a number you recognize!

smith said...
when i read ur stroy i felt like i was there, the feeling in my stomach it was scary good thing that wasn't me ur reaction was ok but if that was me i would have been crying and screaming....

WerewolfWriting said...
Oh my gosh, terrifying! I can't believe this is true! Good thing you were in your parent's room! Did you have a lock on your parent's room door? :O I bet they wanted you to leave your parents room or something!! That is so scary! The moment I saw the car I would've called the cops, though. I'm a big dork so i would of been screaming at the cops to come ASAP. That happened to my best friend and she doesnt stay home anymore either. She said that her parents locked the doors and everything and she ... (more »)

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
thats crazy! I'm glad that shes okay, and thats a smart idea having a dead bolt that you cannot open!

Imperfectlife replied...

Oh my god! That's scary, if it was me, I would start crying and scream or possibly call my parents.

ollt said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 10:08 am
scarry and you described it verry well

da "D" Man said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 9:30 am
Good story length and I liked your word choice.